Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 3...Is it REALLY just Day 3???

Despite the title, things really aren't so bad at all.  In fact, I've enjoyed making myself healthy dinners and packing healthy lunches and spending time really thinking about what I am eating.  It isn't burdensome to me at all.

 I will say, however, time seems to be going very slowly.  I feel like it's been MUCH longer than 3 days that I've been sans junk food.  And I'm NOT even a junk food addict by any means.  The only "sweets" I have in stock around here is a glass bowl of Dove dark chocolate candies and that is only because some students gave me some for my birthday/teacher appreciation.  We do not eat desserts around here.  We also don't drink sodas or a ton of processed food.  But saying "no" is still hard....This week I've had to resist the urge to grab a handful of Goldfish out of the bag when passing out snack to my class.  I also had to resist the VERY tempting cupcake display at a baby shower after work today....Now THAT was tough!  I couldn't....unfortunately, resist having a small cup of the punch they were serving....I justified it because it was made with fat free lime sherbet and ginger ale, which is a lower-sugar soda.  I also went to Earth class at my yoga studio today, which is a very intense, power-yoga flow class.  Tons of push-ups, balancing, and core work.  So I don't really feel guilty about it.  I think eating a cupcake would've been the big fail....but I did NOT give in!

Today's meals:

Breakfast:
Advocare fiber shake
Spark energy drink
(waited 20 minutes)
1/4 cup oatmeal with almond milk
1/4 cup blueberries on top
hard boiled egg white

Lunch:
packet of salmon in water
10 or 12 whole wheat crackers with a little bit of garlic flavored hummus
1/2 cup blueberries

Dinner:
small boneless skinless chicken breast cut up over a romaine lettuce salad (chicken seasoned with crushed red pepper and a sprinkling of Ranch seasoning); added cherry tomatoes to the salad, sprinkled a few tortilla chips on top and used salsa for dressing.

I told Shane I really think I could continue eating like this on a regular basis so long as I had at least 1-2 cheat days each week.  Otherwise I would end up crashing and pigging out and just giving it up altogether.  I can't do anything cold turkey.  If anything I've learned that it's all about moderation and just being mindful!  I will be anxious to take measurements a week from now to see if anything has changed.  So far I haven't noticed a huge difference in the way I feel except that I am a bit more sluggish and tired (prob from lack of carbs and sugar withdrawal since I do drink quite a bit of red wine typically) and on the flip side I feel more energized in the mornings.  I also notice that my belly feels less full when I go to bed and the increased water intake has helped my cravings for sugar.  The fiber shakes are not making me crampy or bloated...Thank goodness!

Day 4 tomorrow and then Day 5 means my husband is HOME!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment