Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 1: So far, so good!

Today was my first day of the 10-day cleanse.  For being only 10 days it is a little bit complicated!  (at least it seems that way right now)  You drink a fiber shake the first 3 days and the last 3 days, you take pills every night before bed the first 7 days, then on days 4-10 you take a different pill packet.  I will probably have to check the little "schedule" every single day in order to make sure I am doing it right.

As far as my eating goes....I think I am definitely the type person who goes overkill with eating healthy.  I tend to eat MORE when I am eating healthy.  Sure, the foods I eat are a zillion times better for me and not fattening or super high-calorie, but I think I try to cram too much into one meal.  Overall though...I think I did pretty good.

Breakfast:
Spark energy drink
Fiber shake
(drank both of these on an empty stomach very shortly after I woke up, then got ready and walked the dogs)
1/2 cup oatmeal (plain, with almond milk, topped with 1/4 cup blueberries)
1 hard boiled egg (mostly ate just the white part and discarded the yellow)

Lunch:
small packet of white tuna
1 avocado
Spark energy drink

Snack:
1 apple


Workout:
1 hour Pilates class (Holy crap was it ever hard!)

Dinner:
small serving of angel hair pasta (Yes yes I know it's carbs, but Pilates was SUPER intense, I sweat buckets and came home completely famished!), sliced zucchini, squash and a few cherry tomatoes cut in half
I seasoned it with pepper, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning (I read that it is very low in sodium) and a tiny drizzle of olive oil.  It still tasted SUPER bland so I sprinkled it with a tiny bit of parmesan...Yes....I know!

Okay so I kinda screwed up at dinner....But it could've been worse!  At least I didn't have any wine!  And so far haven't had any major sugar cravings.  LOVING the Spark drink too.  I'm using the Lose It app on the iPhone too to track my food/calorie intake.  According to the app, which is pretty dead-on accurate, I am still 600 calories under my budget today (this is thanks to my Pilates class of course).  Feelin' pretty good!

1 down, 9 to go!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment