Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tasteless Tuesday....and Monday...and Sunday....

Every time I get sick I feel like I forgot what it was like the last time I was sick.  I think to myself, You've been through this before...it will pass....just take your medicine and your vitamins and drink lots of water....this too shall pass.  But every single time, it never fails, I am always shocked by how awful I can feel! 

This time my dreaded allergies got the best of me and after spending most of Sunday lying around feeling extremely tired and yucky and being up all night long unable to breathe, I called in to work on Monday and went to the doctor.  Sinus infection....I had all the classic symptoms.  There was NO way it was anything but that.....and come to find out, I don't even have one!  (at least according to the Minute Clinic doctor I don't....I beg to differ!)  So after waiting at Walgreens pharmacy for 45 minutes I got my Flonase, Mucinex, and DayQuil Sinus and laid on the couch for the rest of the day. 

My point in all this???  I CAN'T TASTE OR SMELL ANYTHING!  AND IT REALLY SUCKS!!!  I have no desire to eat anything because I know I can't taste it anyway, so why bother???  Natural hunger doesn't even kick in.  I just would prefer not to bother!  Why bother?  It's pointless!  I haven't eaten today since lunch (which I could partially taste, by the way) and I don't even feel the slightest bit hungry....or do I?  I guess I wouldn't know!  I'm completely bummed!  I made my homemade spaghetti sauce for this week and am half tempted to freeze it just so I can actually eat it when I have my sense of taste back. 

On a lighter note, Sunday night's dinner was a great success.  Another Pinterest recipe....Avocado Chicken Parmigiana.   It was positively delightful!  Fortunately my sense of taste had not abandoned me when I made this meal.  It seems like it would be a little bit of a pain, but really it wasn't at all.  The only thing I was disappointed about was the avocados.  I didn't do a very good job at picking them out this time so I had to throw out almost an entire avocado.  Luckily though I got an extra just in case that happened. 

Tomorrow night (tastebuds permitting) will be the spaghetti and Thursday it's another Pinterest experiment....Cilantro chicken tacos in the crockpot! 

Here's to hoping the Flonase does its job at some point...........

No comments:

Post a Comment