Sunday, February 12, 2012

For the Love of Labels

I'm a huge sucker for cute or pretty labels on bottles.  Olive oil, soda, even bottled water gets to me (something about the Goldfish on the inside of a Smart Water bottle....).  But I think I am most intrigued/tempted by wine bottles.  If a wine bottle has a cute animal, a beautiful ancient looking castle, or something bright and colorful on it...it has to taste good!  Right?  No....

Yes, I've been tricked by the lure of the cutesy wine label many a time.  By the way, the Jade Mountain wine, beautiful as the label may look, is NOT good.  (no flavor, very dry, unimpressive)


Other wines with lovely labels and lovely taste include:
My husband even loves this wine and he really isn't much of a wine-drinker.  It's a little on the dry side, but has a very nice finish and tastes better on the 2nd day actually!  


One of my favorites....
The 2007 Cabernet is, in my opinion, the BEST-tasting Cabernet.  Kroger usually has it on sale, but you can find it at Wal-Mart as well for around $10 a bottle.  

The latest discovery and total impulse buy due to cuteness of the label:

I found this wine surprisingly sweet, but also robust with lots of berry flavor.  The after-taste was very smooth and it too tasted better on the 2nd day. 
 Read all about Purple Cowboy wines on the website: Purple Cowboy wine


Best Cheap Wine:
$4.50 at Kroger...haven't tried the Chardonnay but the Merlot and the Cab are really good!

What are your favorite wines?  I'd love to know your thoughts!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment