Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Food-aholics Anonymous

Food, food, food, food, fooooooooooooooood....................

So I started my Lose It app on my iPhone last Saturday.  It's a very easy-to-use app in which you input your weight, height, your "goal" weight and how fast you want to reach your goal.  Your goal will determine how many calories you are alloted a day, which also determines how quickly you will meet your goal.  Grant it, I know I am not obese or even overweight, however, by my own personal standards, I could stand to tighten up a bit and I KNOW I've gained at least 3-4 pounds since my wedding day, which was only 4 months ago (today actually!) and I really liked the way I looked then.   I was super happy with myself.  The greatness of this app is that most common foods, even brand name foods, are in the app so you really can track your calories almost 100% accurately.  I've never been a huge health nut, but counting calories is entirely different than eating healthy.  Numbers are numbers.  Yes, it's not going to help me if all my calories come from sugar, but if you're counting calories you are naturally going to make better choices.  Although Super Bowl weekend was a horrible time to start, so far since Monday (so....the last 3 days almost) I've done really well and have ended each day under my budget.  How?  You ask....Well, it's because the Lose It App not only counts the calories you gain, it also counts the calories you burn!  So if I exercise I can log that and it deducts it from my calories consumed and adds it to my calories allowed for the day!  And even though the purpose of working out is not so you can eat more, the purpose of ME working out IS so I can eat more!  There, I said it!

Hi, my name is Natalie and I'm addicted to food!

Hey, they say the first step towards recovery is admitting there's a problem, but my biggest problem is that I don't really see a problem....Food is glorious! 

As I type this I am sitting at my desk at school.  (it is after-school hours, mind you)  But I am choosing to blog now so that I don't sit holed up in my little corner of the sectional tonight, ignoring my husband like I did last night.  (poor guy)  My tutoring group has all gone home and all that's left to do is clean up a little and then head for the homefront.  It's times like these that I wish I had a personal dog-walker.  When I get home all I want to do is put on my sweats and head to the kitchen!  At least while I walk the dogs I can think about what to make tonight.......my choices are limited as all I have in the fridge to work with is sour cream, cheese, a package of chicken breasts, and a little bit of cilantro.  Gotta get the creative juices flowing........because God forbid I make a trip to the grocery store tonight! (::gasp::)

.........:::sigh::::Kroger, here I come.............

No comments:

Post a Comment